Thursday, October 20, 2011

Candy Corn Mousse!




 I am almost done with the candy corn desserts...almost! I made this one for my kids and 2 really liked it and 2 didn't....but I was the swing vote and I thought they were pretty yummy - now I am bias not only because I took the time to make it, but because I love cheesecake and this tastes more like a cheesecake mousse than anything else.

This is the easy recipe:

Candy Corn Mousse


1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup milk or cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 small container (8 oz.) Cool Whip, thawed

orange and yellow food color
candy corn 

Directions ~
Beat cream cheese in the bowl of an electric mixer until fully smooth.  Slowly add powdered sugar, then milk (or cream).  Add vanilla.  Continue mixing.  Beat about 1 minute on medium to medium-high speed.  Fold cool whip into cream cheese mixture, and stir until fully combined. 

Scoop about 1/3 of the Cheesecake Mousse into a bowl, and color orange.  Color another third of the mixture yellow.  Leave the remaining third white.  One color at a time (starting with yellow), scoop mixture into a piping bag or large ziplock bag, and squeeze a layer of the Cheesecake Mousse into small dessert dishes of your choice.  Repeat with orange and then white Mousse. 

Refrigerate 30 minutes (or up to 1 day) before serving.  Top with candy corn if desired. 

Recipe yields 4 moderate servings or 6-8 mini servings. 

Recipe Source:  Glorious Treats
Parker's before and after - for him Not So Much!

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

you could always make one for me and I can be a vote! :) THey look delicious!!

MBlairsLars said...

You are always so busy. I haven't had time to catch up on your blog till now. I can't believe everything you do. Great job with the triathalon. Your a stud! I love all your treats too...I need to try them sometime. Love ya!