Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Maddies Day {Part One}

Our bishop called tonight with a Birthday call and the message he left made me laugh out loud - he basically wished Maddie a Happy Birthday and added "Knowing your Mom she has planned something exciting like a limo ride, a helicopter, or an Army tank to take you on an adventure!" someone knows me better than I thought! But, seriously, none of that happened...at least not today anyway! Maddie woke up to a lot of yearly traditions like her birthday banner, a visit from Grandpa with balloons and gifts, lots of gifts, and an even cooler "pulled out of school early to go to lunch with dad" afternoon. 

I think her most exiting surprise was the basketball hoop that we bought for this little sportaholic. Bart stayed up beyond late {around my time} and put that bad boy together! We are seeing many fun memories ahead!
 Now I am off to get ready for the Amazing Race birthday party tomorrow with Maddie's girlfriends! 

I need a nap!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OHHH! That sounds like FUN!~!! your daughter is LUCKY to have a mom like you! :)

MBlairsLars said...

Happy Birthday Maddie! I hope you had a wonderful day. A girl like you only deserves the BEST!!!!

Pyatt said...

What a fun idea for a birthday party...can't wait to see what you do...love the basketball hoop...lots of fun times ahead with that!

Rach said...

yes you are crazy, but i think that is why we all love you. when are you coming over for pizza?