Saturday, December 19, 2009

Surprises... sappy surprises!

I know this sounds silly but Bart and I never ever want to forget this little get-away we had! I surprised him by having the kids farmed out to grandparents and we went to spend the night at a hotel in San Diego called the Town and Country! I was a little nervous about the place because it has been around for a long long time but wow! What an awesome stay-cation. We literally felt like we were in Hawaii or somewhere very tropical and the funny thing was that we had the whole place to ourselves. We never saw any other guests - ever! The place has over 1000 rooms and yet we felt like we had the hotel reserved for ourselves! {Hence the total sappy pictures that we took of ourselves and the hotel!}


This does not do it justice but you could see our hotel from the freeway with the tree lights they had hanging!

This was Bart in the lobby when I showed him that this was where we would be staying for the night! {I think he was a little skeptical at the beginning!}

Our room had been newly renovated but
they totally kept the country cottage feel.


They had these darling little gazebos spotted all along the place.

I loved the whole country feel.



We went to eat dinner at the steakhouse restaurant in the hotel and we laughed as the waited said "Seriously sit wherever you want!"

They did have a half dozen drunks that were singing karaoke at the bar - it was hilarious. I begged Bart to karaoke with me, but it just wasn't in the stars for me!


We had room service breakfast the next morning!

This was our view from the hotel room.
{See what I mean about tropica
l?
}

Here we are all alone at the pool!

This was the best little trip and we can't wait to get away again!

4 comments:

Rach said...

i have been to that hotel. i didn't know that was where you went. it was fun seeing you at UTC. we should have sent the boys home and done some shopping. damon broke a pipe on our water heater tonight. no water in the house. lovely

MBlairsLars said...

You never cease to amaze me! Not only are you the best mother, but now you are the perfect wife. I can't keep up with you.

I have been to that hotel for a wedding and it was beautiful. I'm glad you both had fun!

Elizabeth said...

how cute! fun heady joe!!

tammy said...

You are so cute! What a fun thing to do. I always talk about doing something like that, but never do it. I just need to plan it and do it!