Tuesday, December 2, 2008

A night to remember!

Decorations are up - Check!




Dinner Cooked - Check!


Great-Grandpa comes to visit - Best check yet!

I have so many great memories of my grandparents growing up. I have a twin sister, Jennifer, and we were basically at our grandparents house all of the time. We went on trips with them, spent summers at their house and really had a great childhood - thanks to both of them.
My Grandma died from Alzheimer's a few years ago and my grandpa really misses her. It is so nice to have him come from Ohio to visit us and we only wish that he lived here in San Diego.
Well, I had my cute little Grandpa over for dinner tonight (I made my Grandma's Meatloaf recipe) and I wish I could freeze the entire evening! It was so fun to sit back and see my life full circle as he now sits and play with his great-grandchildren. They sure love him a lot! What a special night and what an even more special man! We love you Grandpa!

15 comments:

Annemarie said...

Awwww!! Your cute, cute grandpa! I've wondered about those two and if they were still in Ohio.
He looks great. What a fabulous night!

Laura said...

What joy! Sweet dreams tonight...

Elizabeth said...

how fun! I love Grandpa and that looks like yummy meatloaf! Ilove your tree Heady joe!

MBlairsLars said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MBlairsLars said...

I love it, what a perfect evening, the perfect picture of the perfect family.

Davisix said...

Awwww, what great pics and memories! I LOVE that!! And your header looks amazing. :) Ang

Jill Burke said...

Grandpa's so cute! Wish we coulda been there!

Shell in your Pocket said...

OH..what a cute grandpa..what a blessing to have a great grandpa near!
Your tree is cute ..love the ornaments!
-sandy toes

Kelly said...

Such a cute blog layout!! Very festive. Umm, I am really hungry now after reading this post!! Blessings!

Kelly said...

So adorable. You just want to squeeze him. Nights like that are the best!!!! Great decorations by the way, I am jealous!

tammy said...

Love it! I have one grandpa left, and just love him to pieces. I hate that my boys didn't get to know my other two. And I love your tree. All the candy decorations are so so cute.

Stacey said...

It's so fun seeing your grandpa again. I can't remember the last time I saw him. Hope things go well for you and your family this Christmas season. Love ya girl !!

Rach said...

Looks great! I can't believe you have done your holiday baking already. we are having meatloaf tonight for dinner with pototoes. how fun. hey my verify word is salods. how funny

Kelley said...

Heather that looks like an evening from Heaven! Do you want to share the meatloaf recipe???
Blessings to you all~

Melissa-Mc said...

Great Christmas decorations, great food and great company.