Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Tradition Time!


I LOVE LOVE creating, crafting, baking and making fun things with my kids! They really enjoy it and I am hoping that it will inspire them to want to be creative as they grow and have desires to bake and wrap yummy things! I think it is so important for them to have these memories while they are young!
With that said, every year, we try to do those sorts of things during the Holiday month of December. My Best Friend Cheryl (from BYU) sent me this great book full of stories, traditions, crafts, treats and activities. My kids never tire of it! They love to see what we will be doing each night!
I love to gather them in our family room, by our tree, and read a different Christmas story and SOMETIMES do a little craft after! Sometimes it is just a story! (I'm no Supermom!)



Tonight we talked about the first Star and than we made Origami Stars! It was pretty hilarious as some of the girls (I won't mention names here) got really frustrated and I think I saw some origami paper flying through the air. But, I patiently (being the good mom that I am) helped them start over. The stars turned out pretty cute and now they want to make millions of them and pass them out to friends!

I found a great tutorial here for assembling these little beauties! It's super fun!

9 comments:

MBlairsLars said...

I just posted the basic same thing on my blog. But of course, your ahead of me and always do a better job. I will watch your blog to get better ideas for our family. Thanks Heather, your the best!!!

Kelly said...

Of course you are supermom!

Melissa-Mc said...

I beg to differ. I think you are a supermom! Your children will grow up with tons of wonderful memories.

jaime said...

oh man. kelly totally swiped my comment.

you are totally super mom. you amaze me!!

i'll take 2 of whatever you're drinking that gives you so much energy. seriously.

Shell in your Pocket said...

I had to laugh at this post b/c last night we made paper snowflakes and my kids were getting so frustrated...I loved that you said one flew across the room!

They are so cute...what a great Christmas activity!
-sandy toes

ZenCrafter said...

Argghh--Blogger just ate my comment!

You have a beautiful family, and so talented! My kids were initially really frustrated with the stars (even my 13-year-old), but when they got the hang of it they were hooked. My 9-year-old was the first one to try them, and he's the one who wanted the tutorial to help him make the stars "stick" together.

Love the books your friend sent, and I'll be sure to check them out. We're reading our nightly Advent book but haven't gotten much past crafting stars!

Thanks for linking to my post!

tammy said...

Love traditions and those stars!

And even if you're not Supermom, you are one fantastic mom.

3WimmerBoys said...

Those are so super cute, you are one amazing chick! How do you do it all?

Davisix said...

I heart stars! They can drop me one or two or twenty in the mail if they have some extras. :) Ang