Sunday, November 16, 2008

I am thankful for Sunday dinners and surprise love notes!

Wow! I am going to pack in some hefty thankfulness with this post! Honestly, though, I have really been feeling the blessings of being grateful. Oprah - you are so smart - (I have to give the lady props for when she says the more grateful we are the more we allow beauty and blessings to come into our life! Some thing like that!)

Every Sunday, we feel like royalty as we head over to Grandma and Grandpa's house! They know top service and they roll out the red carpet - literally!
Tonight we had a yummy stew that Sue had wanted to try out - mini cornbread muffins and the BEST apple and Pomegranate salad! I could not stop eating it. For dessert, the adults had key lime pie and she made gorgeous little caramel apples for the kiddies! Sue, you are the Best!



Bart had a church meeting and so he ran home to get ready. I stayed at Sues for a while longer and than gathered my little family to go home and get ready for bed.
What a fun surprise to find a love note from my love! We have been sending love notes back and forth in this book that I bought for that very purpose. I started it back in 1999 and we leave notes in it for each other during big holidays or at random times. I get so excited (like back when we were dating) when the book surfaces and I know that Bart took the time to tell me something written down! It really has been a great little thing we do.

Check out the date!
Now, Before you go thinking that this post is getting too "syrupy sweet" - we rarely ever have this book out and written in. So, you can imagine how blog-worthy it is to talk about when my hubby actually sought it out and wrote in it.
BTW - I do way more writing in it than my other half does!


5 comments:

Pyatt said...

That is so sweet...I love the idea of that book...I might just pass that along to some of my clients...you do have great in-laws too and I'm glad they spoil you guys!!

Elizabeth said...

sue is amazing! and i love the idea of that book, that's what I used to do with Billy in highschool! hahaah, I wonder if he still has the book! :) I should probably do it with Rob now huh?

Maren said...

I love looking at your blog because it gives me such cute ideas for treats and stuff. Canada was fun but it rained the whole time we were their. So we saw some sight seeing. It was just so expensive! But it was still beautiful place to see.

Annemarie said...

What time is dinner next Sunday??

tammy said...

Now I really want to be adopted into your family. See if she'll let you share that salad recipe on your blog. Sounds yummy!



(wow, the word verification is an actual word today)