Wednesday, October 5, 2011

EEEK! Spiders are coming!

I found this darling little treat on Pinterest and I thought I would give it a try! 
These turned out so cute and I can't wait to pass them out to my friend's kids! 


All you need is to make rice crispy treats and substitute the rice crispies for coco crispies. 




Once they have set for a few minutes in a pan, I used a round cookie cutter 
and made the circle shape for the body.  
 Then you just flatten some marshmallows for the eyes and I added some candy eyes on top {or you could draw some on with a food writer}. I used pieces of marshmallows for the spider fangs and pretzel sticks for the legs. This proved to be the hardest part and I kept breaking off pretzel sticks. So, I first made a whole in the crispy with a sharp knife. Does that make sense?

 I even made a tag on Photoshop to attach to them - if you want it, just leave me your email address and I will send you the jpeg! I need to figure out how to put these darn things online for sharing - there has to be an easier way!
I also whipped up some Halloween owls - can I hear a whoo whoo? Aren't they cute?
Now...who wants one? I know my kids do......



Muu uuu..Wah aha aha aha {Insert fake scary laugh}

No comments: