Thursday, November 26, 2009

I'm still Grateful!!

It's so funny that today is Thanksgiving and I have been sitting on the couch for most of it holding a sick little boy in my arms. I love this kid and he has been so sad that he has been sick because he hasn't been able to see his cousins! What a time to get the flu - Thanksgiving day with family in town from all parts!
And yet - there is plenty to be thankful for as I have had time to reflect on my blessings today!

1. The house has been quiet as my children are so sweet and lethargic when they are sick.

2. I have caught up on all the laundry - can I hear a wooh wooh!

3. I had my Turkey dinner delivered to my door and I am pretty sure that my slice of Sue's coconut cream pie is way bigger than I would have had if I were eating with them!
{I would have been way too embarrassed to eat that much!}

4. The kids have been sick while on vacation so they aren't missing school! Huge blessing as there isn't any make up homework!

5. And last but not least - I am heading out for Black Friday so don't feel too bad for me! Life is still pretty darn good!

Happy Thanksgiving!
Here's pictures from some of the family
at the Sadleir's Thanksgiving dinner!

Taryn and Livvy-Lou

Bailey with Spencer and Grace

Rochelle and Sue


Bailey got to enjoy a yummy Turkey dinner

4 comments:

MBlairsLars said...

Happy Thanksgiving Heather. I'm sorry about the sick kids, that's a bummer. I am thankful for such a great friends as you...Love you!!!

Amy said...

Oh Heather....maybe it was supposed to be that way with all your partying lately. That was the only way to keep you home to get the laundry done:) Hope your day was as wonderful as Thanksgiving with sick kids can be!

Hazen5 said...

Black Friday makes up for everything!

Rebekah said...

That was exactly what I fear...sick kids on Thanksgiving with 19 people coming to eat at my house. Thank goodness that we snuck by. I am SO sorry for you. What a bummer! Hope all is back to normal now.