Friday, June 12, 2009

A Sadleir Summer Kick-off

After school got out, I told the kids that they had a surprise waiting for them when they got home!
On my bed, (the only one that was actually made today) they found invitations and party buckets with their names on it!
Summer officially starts at 12 noon on Monday and so we are going to throw a Sadleir Summer Kickoff party with the kids.
On the invite I told them that they have to come prepared to have a lot of fun but also to bring some specific goals that they can work on this Summer.
The control freak that I am, I will actually let them come up with their own goals - I can't wait to see what they conjure up ( and what I will and will not accept as a goal)
I really want them to have a memorable and fun Summer, but also have them challenge themselves and grow a little at the same time!
I got these little buckets at Party City and the goodies at The dollar section at Target!





More pictures of how this turns out on Monday!

8 comments:

Shell in your Pocket said...

That is such a cute cute idea! I love it!!!!!!!!!!!
sandy toe
have a hot and fun summer!

Elizabeth said...

what a fun idea! hopefully we will be included in some of your summer plans! :) lOVEYOU!!

MBlairsLars said...

I love it....your so clever!

Melissa-Mc said...

I can't wait to see how it turns out.

Dan~Kerst~Bree~Bryce~Braden~Briggs~Brooklyn said...

You're such a good mom. I love all the cute little things you make.

Taryn said...

Thanks for the idea!!!

tammy said...

I really wanna be one of your kids right now.

Rach said...

They already have such a great mom. They don't need to learn that. you exhaust me.