Saturday, February 7, 2009

SADLEIR V-DAY PARTY!!

This weekend was the big Daddy/Daughter dance that my girls went to last year and Loved every minute of it! Well, this year, Bart was gone and so I knew that there were going to be some really sad girls!

I gathered my resources (an entire factory of craft supplies) and made some little invitations for each of my kids inviting them to our house for a Sadleir V-day party! They were so excited and as I picked them up from school, their friends were talking about the dance and my kids said, 'Well, we are having a big valentines party at my house!" One point for MOM!!

We watched the Little Rascals Valentine video, dipped strawberries in chocolate, made sugar cookies, and heart attacked their dads' bed with love notes! I also made some rice crispy hearts for them as a party favor! I really think they had fun and didn't dwell on the dance that they so badly wanted to be at!



This is all it takes to make these little cripsy hearts!



Soooo sugared up!!!
Parker likes the Sugar-sug!


This was really fun and it got me thinking about how much I love doing things like this with my friends and for other people. But, how often do my own little ones get the royal treatment and a party with just our family?

This is Parker "Bearing his testimony" in his Heart note for his dad!
Soo funny - you have to listen at the end!

13 comments:

Elizabeth said...

hahah, that was hilarious! Parker is so cute!

Annemarie said...

Can Parker be MY Valentine??? Seriously.

Mark and Meghan said...

so cute heather. i love how he says las begas! (just like you!)

Pyatt said...

Seriously...he is a cutie...Bart is going to die coming home to all of that sweetness!

Pyatt said...

Seriously...he is a cutie...Bart is going to die coming home to all of that sweetness!

Shell in your Pocket said...

Oh..well, first, my daughter is at a father-daughter dance tonight. So you are sweet to make it up to them..those rice krispy pops are just TOO TOO cute! You are so talented...what a fun mommy you are!
-sandy toe

Rachel said...

Love the video. It seems like Chad has been away for alot of the girls Daddy daughter nights and I never thought to do a cute little party at home - you amaze me! I have always had my brother in law or Grandpa take them. I love your cute ideas!

diane said...

My heart just melted!

He is precious.

The Trainas said...

You are brilliant. You know that right?

Melissa-Mc said...

With all those yummy treats you make each holiday, how is that you are slim?

Kelley said...

How fun!

Laura said...

As far as I can tell, any party you're at is totally fun! That Parker is so very cute! I don't usually play videos but that one was worth it. Perfect ending!
(See you soon!)

Diane Riding said...

Oh my little Parker James............he's the cutest thing ever! I loved the end of the video and just sat there and smiled and smiled and smiled!! x0