Thursday, January 29, 2009

I heart my friends big Time!

I just reconnected with a friend that I haven't talked to for a long long time but we were great buddies when we were little! Lori was so fun to talk to on the phone and get caught up on our busy lives and see where her life has taken her. It seems like just yesterday that we were singing to the Go-Go's and being silly.

I also talked with my cute friend (that I miss like crazy) Sarah from Utah and she literally makes me laugh until I wet my pants (which is sadly not the hardest thing to do)! I have been known to pee my pants on demand! But, we just relate with so many things - kid issues, health scares, funny husbands. I just hung up and sat thinking about how blessed my life has been with so many great friendships that have strengthened me and made me a better person!

Melissa, who I adore, is another one. Stinker that you are - she is probably moving and it's not a good thing! I am just resolved to not invest in people anymore! I am going to 7/11 and I'll strike a friendship with whoever is buying a Slurpee before I will put myself out there just to lose a girlfriend!

Than my sweet friend Jamie called tonight and totally lifted my spirits and made my ego almost explode with all of her compliments and kind words! I love your guts girl! You have always been a soul sister and we have sooo many fun memories!

To top off the night, Cara called and we have decided when it's all said in done, we have each other and I pick your house! (She knows what I mean - I hope!)

The list could go on and on... I guess I'll end there - Just thinking out loud - Friends are good to have - especially when your day has been filled with nothing else but doing this!
That's right - we dined on Apple Jacks and yogurt with granola as Bart was working late tonight! I know how to do it up right!

I can't forget to add- this sweet man - Grandpa Rod picked up Caitlin and took her to a RS activity where he played the guitar and Caitlin sang! They are turning out to be quite the duo those two! PS - Thanks for the frozen yogurt!! Yummy!
PSS - only two of the four children will have treats in their mailboxes tomorrow morning! Rough night and not to mention any names but Maddie and Parker - You are not given permission to play hide-and-seek at 10 o'clock at night - furthermore - Parker you may not get into dad's cologne and smell like you're going to the Prom at 10:30 pm!
Just puttin' it out there!

7 comments:

Pyatt said...

You are the best Heather and we are all better for getting you as a friend!! Thank you for blessing my life in so many ways...and you are the one who makes me laugh until I wet my pants...which seems easier to do since having children!! ha!ha!

MBlairsLars said...

I heart you too Heather!!! I am going to be freindless. I have such good friends in San Diego and you are on top of the list!

Annemarie said...

Amen!! Good friends are the BEST!

Kelley said...

I heart friends too!

tammy said...

Good friends are the best!

Cereal for dinner - yum! And I just found out my 12 year old stayed up until 10:30 listening to his ipod the other night. No wonder he's so tired in the morning!

Pandy said...

Heather, this is Kelly Balmforth's mom. I was skimming through her blog "people" and found yours. I was at the meeting where your daugher and Grandpa Rod sang. It was precious and immediately brought the spirit into the meeting. Please tell Caitlin how much her talent was appreciated and how important it was to the meeting. And don't forget Granpa Rod, too!

Melissa-Mc said...

I love the blogging world, because you can find old acquaintances and make new friends also. I'm glad you have some great real friends in the flesh too :)