Monday, October 20, 2008

Jesus wants me for a "Headbonk"


Even as I write this, I am laughing because My little ones can be so funny! I was putting Parker and Bailey down to bed tonight. I always snuggle in bed with Parker (he sleeps on the bottom bunk) while Bailey sleeps on the top. Well, we were taking turns picking songs to sing before we went to bed. (I am still laughing as I think about this)

Well, it was Bailey's turn and she wanted to sing "Jesus Wants me for a Sunbeam." That is a Sadleir family "top 40" because when we get to the chorus everyone jumps up on the word Sunbeam - do you see where I am going with this little funny? So, we are singing the song and as soon as Parker and I sing Sunbeam, we hear a loud thump and and I asked Bailey (because I couldn't see her from the bottom bunk - but I had an idea of what had transpired) what happened.

She quietly said, "Something went wrong." I was weak with laughter as I stood to look at her holding the top of her head. Bart came running in thinking she had put a whole in the ceiling. She didn't remember that she wouldn't be able to clear the ceiling and jump up and so she bonked her head! Poor girl! No more "crazy songs" at bedtime!

11 comments:

Shell in your Pocket said...

What a cutie!!! Such a good momma singing before bed. That touched me. Lately, our lives have been so crazy and bedtime has consisted of...brush teeth, put pjs on, read ONE book..light off..I love you goodnight...they are getting to bed late with too many activities...we need to cut back!

-Sandy Toes

Kelley said...

Hi Heather. Oh my gosh, you have the cutest kids ever! E-mail your address to pineapplehilldesigns@msn.com so I can send you your surprise!
Hugs,
Kelley

Annemarie said...

Is this the same little one that had the massive wound on her forehead??? Poor girl!

Mark and Meghan said...

so sad heather! i love that little bay bay!

Anonymous said...

Another head injury? This is looking a little fishy, Heather! Your kids say the cutest things!
-Cara

tammy said...

"Something went wrong" - that is too funny. Poor little head.

Melissa-Mc said...

Ouch. My kids like to sing Jesus Wants Me For a "Body slam"

Staci said...

this is sooo cute!!!

You commented on our contest Blogalicious Designs Giveaway, and i like making new blog buddies!! SO HI NEW BLOG BUDDY!!

Jill Burke said...

ahahha - that is so cute Heather. Poor little Bay!

Elizabeth said...

how sad for poor little Bailey's head! She needs to start wearing a helmet! haha

Stacey said...

That is so funny! Poor girl, she is going to have an on going headache if she doesn't stop hitting her head.