Sunday, September 7, 2008

This made my Day!


I went to the mailbox and received a letter from a little guy (not so little anymore) that I used to teach at Meadow Elementary in Lehi, Utah back when I was going to BYU! He was in my 3rd and 4th grade class.

What a shocker to get a letter from one of my students - some 11 years later -telling me that he is now 21, just got married, honeymooning in my city of San Diego, and he took the time to look me up and write me a letter telling me that I was his favorite teacher! (I don't know about you, but I could find busier things to be doing on my honeymoon than looking for old teachers. Which brings me to my point - how SWEET!) I was so touched and had to read the letter several times!

I mean I can see one of my girl students doing that, and honestly over the years I have had some fun surprise visits from my former kids, but for this sweet kid to write me such a kind letter - CRAZY!!

He also added on the back sheet that my handwriting classes didn't help him out to much as he still wrote like he was in 3rd grade. Hey... I don't profess to be a miracle worker!!

THANK YOU TRAVIS!!! That validates the importance of teaching! Apparently you had the BEST!!! :0)

10 comments:

Annemarie said...

Very, very cool!

Elizabeth said...

wow, i can't believe he actually did that on his honeymoon! That's so nice though!

Mark and Meghan said...

that's awesome heather! seriously...YOU the BEST teacher?!! who knew? haha..just kidding! i cannot believe he
1-remembered you
2-looked you up
and
3-on his honeymoon?! crazy...

Amy said...

Heather, you haven't changed. You are just a contagious and fun person to be around...HONESTLY! I don't think the party ever really starts until you're there:-)

Princess Sarah said...

Wow Heather! What a great letter! That must have made your day..week, year!!! HA HA Bart on a bullet bike!

Christina said...

Crazy!!!!!!!!!!!! But yet, so cool!

Bethany said...

yeah.... his handwriting is terrible. ;)

No, really, Heather, that is so sweet. How wonderful to receive validation like that! (And I'm sure your husband doesn't mind knowing he was the coolest guy in their universe).

Todd said...

Bart is still the coolest guy -- even without a bullet bike. What a cool letter!

HeaddaMarie said...

That's awesome! Too bad you aren't still a teacher at that school. That is actually were my son is going to school. And my husbands brothers went there too! What a small world!

Pyatt said...

You change EVERYONE's life...I'm glad someone put it to paper though to prove it...Love your guts ya big MUTT...when are we going to PINKBERRY????