Sunday, March 4, 2012

Phoenix Half Marathon!

So...we took the kids and headed to Arizona so that I could run in the Phoenix half marathon! {Even as I right this, I am a total cripple who can barely walk - you would think I never trained for this thing!}  But, it was so much fun and I am so glad that I ran along with my sisters, my brother in law and great friend Jamie!
I really was hoping to finish before 2 hours and 20 minutes and lo and behold I made it in 2:12:05!!! Yay me...but seriously I know that is nothing to really toot my horn about 
{those are still 10 minute miles} 
but I have no shame and am excited that I did it!
We had a great weekend and here are the highlights....
 Parker's suitcase didn't make it into the car and so the first night we got to Arizona we headed to wonderful Wal-mart to buy some new clothes!

 The pool at the hotel was the most important part of our stay...I think we headed to our rooms and the kids were changed into swimsuits and begging to go!




Our family discovered Quiktrip {thanks to our good friends Paul and Cheryl} and there was at least 5 or 6 trips made to that place...talk about drinks galore! 
No one ever could decide on what to get!

 There I am crossing the finish line
 with my little cheering section!


 We came back a couple of hours later with the kids so that they could do the Kid's fun run...that and eat
 cotton candy and jump on the bouncies!

To reward ourselves for completing the run...we went and celebrated by eating the world's
 yummiest pizza from Gribaldi's -
 totally blew all the calories we had just run off! 
I am totally okay with that though! :0)


And the highlight had to be staying with the Reynold's...my kids kept saying on the way home that they are ready to move to Arizona to be closer to their friends...that and Quiktrip! Ha!
We love you guys and 
thank you so much for opening up your home to us! 
We miss you already!

3 comments:

Marci said...

Congrats!!! That is seriously an accomplishment...one I will never achieve :-)!

Elizabeth said...

that was so much fun and thanks again for sending me those pictures! love you

tammy said...

I thought about you all day! So glad you had fun and found the wonder of the QT. I say you should move here too and give me another lunch buddy!