Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Caramel Apples and a silly Boy!

I love making caramel apples - they tend to be a labor of love but so worth the effort.
I also found these darling little caramel apple boxes to put them in to deliver to friends and teachers. 
You can get them here!

But, it is super easy to make these caramel apples. You will need a good size apple, some caramel, crunched up Oreos, snickers, M&M's, and melting chocolate!
once you have washed and dried your apple, mold the caramel around it, and than I like to pop it in the oven at 200 degrees for about 3-5 minutes. This makes the caramel more pliable to work with.
I than add the candy, cookies, to the bottom part of my apple and melt some chocolate to drizzle on top.
Once it has hardened a bit, I stick them in the clear apple boxes and they are ready to eat or deliver!



If you think I have peace and quiet music playing while the children quietly read a book or play a puzzle...think again!
Parker was busy playing dress up with Bailey's skirt and just begging to have a "photo shoot" so this is what went on during the apple making process...
Enjoy the show!
I know I did!

I have so many bribery photos to hold against this kid...it's awesome!

1 comment:

tammy said...

Oh my gosh...he's a crack-up!!!