Monday, May 10, 2010

Don't mess with my Bear Cubs!

http://images.pictureshunt.com/pics/g/grizzly_bear-8210.jpg

"The survival of brown bear cubs is totally dependent on the skill of the mother in both protecting them and teaching them the basics of what to eat, where and how to get it, where to den, and how to cope with danger."


I seriously had one of those tug at your heart moments today as I was inside the house and my kids were outside in the front playing basketball and tennis with each other.  We have a pretty great street and the neighbors all look out for each other. There are quite a few kids on the cul-de-sac and they have grown up with one another and all seem to get along really well.
There is another street that is directly below our street and they have a whole mess of boys. We have noticed that the boys come up to our street more and more - and they aren't very nice.
Well, they decided to come up on their skateboards and play on our street.  I always tell my kids not to play with them and for the most part, we don't have any problems. Well, today as my kids came running in the house, I could tell it wasn't good. Maddie was crying and saying the boys began teasing them and taking their ball and throwing it down another street.  They also started using really bad language and calling my kids and the other neighbor kids names that I wouldn't dare to repeat. Gosh -it just makes me sick for what these children will have to go througb in this lifetime with kids like these.
So, I went flying out the front door and confronted these little punks! I seriously can not believe the emotions I had as I was talking to these boys. {I was so proud of myself} I wish I could say that they were sorry and owned up to anything but they were pretty disrespectful and just left laughing. Will it happen again? I am sure of it! Will I go speak to their parents about it? you betcha! Do my kids know that I will defend and fight for them? After today they don't doubt it!
I am a mama bear through and through!





7 comments:

Elizabeth said...

That is sooo annoying! Kids are so mean, i'm so glad you said something!!

MBlairsLars said...

Good for you. I am ashamed to say that I have taken a few kids out verbally when they have done something to my kids. I'm way over the top protective. It's a hard balance how much, when, and when is too much! Your a great mom and always know the right thing to do!

Pyatt said...

Dude..I am so scared for those days...but those feelings are there...I feel the claws come out when someone throws sand at Mackenzie at the park and there only three...arg!! You are a great mamma!!

Anonymous said...

woo hoo! you go girl! i am TOTALLY a MOMMA BEAR, too! GRRR!
your kids are probably so proud to be calling YOU their MOMMA!
they'll be saying things like:

"my momma knows how to kick some butt!"

"my momma will whip you if you keep picking on me!"

"my momma is so tough she will pick you up with her pinky and throw you across the neighborhood!"

Princess Sarah said...

Grrrrrrrrrrrrr!! Good job Mama bear Heather!

Amy said...

YOU GO GIRL! Idda done the same thing, lady.

tammy said...

I am a mama bear too! And not just with my own kids, but if I see other kids getting picked on, too.