Sunday, December 6, 2009

Decorations and Giving!

We finally got the last of the Christmas decorations put up around our house - I just love it when it feels Christmassy and cozy! The girls and Parker were helping and also writing their Christmas wish lists. We also watched the Christmas message from the first presidency. It really inspired me to stop, relax and remember what this time of year is all about!













So, I got that look in my eye {the kids know the look} and we headed upstairs and had a little FHE lesson on "Giving is better than receiving." It went off really well {surprisingly} and the kids got to pick some friends that we would wrap and deliver gifts to. I let the kids have full charge of this one {so not like me - I like to take over when it comes to wrapping and presentation - but this was their lesson to learn} and they wrapped and labeled the presents and we were off!
What a truly fun surprise for my kids to see the looks on the other kids faces as they were surprised with a present from us!


Ready to play Santa!

Parker with his buddy James

The kids love having the Marsolini's back in the ward!
We may have to do this also after Christmas as Santa truly doles out the presents to our children, if you know what I mean!

4 comments:

MBlairsLars said...

Your house always looks so great, especially around the holidays! Love ya.

queenieweenie said...

Your house looks fabulous...I LOVE Christmas time coziness.

Mark and Meghan said...

you forgot the picture of your willow tree nativity!!!

tammy said...

I love your tree and your decor! And what a great idea.