Saturday, September 19, 2009

Joys of camping!

Oh the joys of camping! I get so excited that I can barely stand it (please tell me that you can hear the complete sarcasm coming through?)
My kids love to camp and so does their dad so I take one for the team and go along!
Once we are there and enjoying the 90 plus degree weather with little shade than I really get pumped!

Bailey "helping" set up the tent!
Parker immediately gets in the dirt!

No complaining from our kids! We just threaten them that they won't get any smores and than they chip in and help!

The Penner's brought a really fun game for the kids to play!

Weiner roasting time!! My favorite part!


I was so prepared for this trip that when it was time to go hiking I brought two different shoes! I blended right in with the other fellow campers!

9 comments:

Elizabeth said...

how fun...for your family! not for mine, hopefully my kids don't ever ask me to go camping! I love how you brought two different shoes! haha

diane said...

Your shoes are the best!

Tina said...

It's good you brought a right and a left at least!

MBlairsLars said...

How fun! Your such a trooper....Love the shoes!

Mark and Meghan said...

seriously, two different shoes?! haha. i actually do like to camp when i'm finally up there...but it's a lot of work! was maddie there?

Marci said...

So funny that you brought different shoes! And I was laughing as I read about what gets you pumped at the beginning :-)!

Annemarie said...

You are a trooper. I feel the same way about camping. I can't even bring myself to pitch a tent in the backyard.
Just keep reminding your kids how nice you are!!!

Melissa-Mc said...

The title of the post made me laugh. Love the 2 different shoes. You would be really fun to hang around the campfire with, though.

The Trainas said...

okay but-- whose RV is that? Who cheated?