Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Can't quite let go of christmas!

I don't know what is going on over here but I am still sipping hot coco and making little snowmen treats...just for the fun of it!
Call me crazy, but I am so depressed that Christmas has come and gone and now it is time to get back into the reality of life and all that comes with it! You know what that is - carpools, no time to shower, running the kids everywhere, no time for a proper dinner, picking up kids from extra curricular activities, no time for ME - Yikes! I am not sounding like mother of the year!
I just want my kids to stay little and forever like hanging out at home and just being together! Is it too much to ask? Well, I am off... Life is calling and it doesn't look good!







BTW - I took the kids out to dinner tonight as we were working on a 400 piece puzzle and oops... I didn't realize the time - Looking like the mom I described above we went into the restaurant and I was pretty nappy. When lo and behold, we ran into an old boyfriend from high school. I bet he was thanking his lucky stars we didn't end up together. I have got to get a GRIP!!!

11 comments:

Annemarie said...

We've made those little snowmen before, too cute!
And do tell...who? who? who? did you run into???? That's what happens when you live in the same area you grew up in. That will never happen to me. Then again...there aren't any high school boyfriends to run into. Oh wait, sushi anyone??

If you got that you can go ahead and pee from laughing now.

tammy said...

Those snowmen are the cutest!

I just want me kids to stay little and live at home forever too! I tell them that all the time, but they aren't listening. So I also tell them they have to live next door to me. I really hope their wives won't mind.

Elizabeth said...

those are such cute snowmen! Please tell me you saved some for us?
oh and by the way, I'm depressed to be back to real life too!

Kelly said...

Is there anything you can't do?

Melissa-Mc said...

You definitely create edible art!

Jaxon said...

That is so funny. We always run into people when we look our worst. It happened to me too and I just pretended not to see him which was hard to do when we were the only 2 people in line! Love the snow men. You should home school, I'm not saying you'd have more me time but less time in the car and lots of fun quality time together. :) This year I took down the decorations a few days after Christmas and couldn't wait to do it. I do love Christmas but I don't like clutter.

Davisix said...

You are cracking me up! But I love those snowmen!!! I wish we were neighbors...I would so be over helping make them...or eat them, whatever! Thanks for the sweet comment this morning...it really meant a lot to me. xo Ang

Kelley said...

You are so funny and man I wish I knew what that "sushi anyone"??...was all about! I want to laugh that hard. I tried to not let my kids grow up and it doesn't work. I tried everything, believe me. The good news is when they do grow up .. they start having cute little kids. Now that I like.

Diane Riding said...

You don't know how often I just wish I had my "five little girls" home again.........never to grow up ever! But they all grew up and became wonderful mothers and gave me beautiful grandchildren and handsome son-in-laws.......but there's still those moments when I want jus the 7 of us together forever!! You're such an awesome little mommy, honey! So glad you're enjoying all those little ones!! x0x0x0x0x0

3WimmerBoys said...

Those are so cute and they look super delicious! Where do you get all these ideas you have? I miss Christmas too, I even liked having the kids home. Back to real life.

Parmley said...

That story about the old boyfriend, I swear so funny and would be one that would happen to me. I am feeling the same way, a little down about the holidays being over and the whole getting back to life. I also want my kids to stay little - cute snowmen - you need to tell me all the ingredients!!