Wednesday, December 17, 2008

One UGLY party...

I had to do it - honestly I wasn't sure if anyone would really get it or actually follow through and I had visions of how fun it could be... Let me just say, my visions could not even come close to how fun it really was and how truly UGLY the sweaters were that came into my house tonight! These girls really stepped it up... and I thought I had an ugly sweater!

We played Holiday Trivia, I had the girls go around my downstairs and count how many decorations I had put up (they were given 1 minute), and we decorated my cute little sweater cookies and played the White Elephant game. I scored a John Secada CD
(which we rocked out to for a while)!

So.. this was the invitation and the little poem I put on the back to explain my Ugly Christams Sweater party!

Remember when your mom used to head out
donning her Christmas sweater?
I want you to come dressed like your mom,
the uglier the sweater the better!
We will hold a little contest and see what girl will win
Maybe I can find a Santa head and you can wear it as a pin
Not sure where to get a sweater. Let me help you out!
Call your mom (she has one or two) that are lying all about!
Also, go on Ebay you’d be shocked at what you’d find.
I really hit the jackpot there and got my sweater for $9.99!
Just type in ugly Christmas sweater – a gazillion are available to buy!!
Or better yet, run out the door, and head over to DI!
When you arrive at my party please bring some cookies to share
And also a little wrapped elephant gift- Something Christmassy if you dare!
I am so excited to see your sweaters
and I know we will laugh and have fun!!
A great night will be had by all
You know you want to come!!


This was my contribution...cute little Sweater Sugar cookies for the girls to decorate!


This was their contribution - way tooo many yummy cookies!!!


The girls decorating their "sweaters"

The winners of the UGLY sweater contest!
Wendie Konold won the contest - her mom(?) not only turned a Christmas sweatshirt into a sweater with a zipper, but told her that there were some "eggnog" stains on it and she covered them up with real decorations and a bird sitting on a branch! Seriously, Wendie could make some cash on that sweater if she hawked it on Ebay! Also, honorable mention goes out to Carmen whose mother-in-law outdid it with Carmen's name and twinkling lights! Tooo funny!
Angela, Chelsey, and Jennifer

Carmen and Melanie

Deveney, Me and Janelle

Jen and I

It was really a fun night.. Can't wait to see the new round of UGLY sweaters next year... yeah, you heard right - this will be a yearly thing!

20 comments:

tammy said...

I love it! I am so making my bunko group do this next year. Thanks for the idea.

Shell in your Pocket said...

Oh my goodness..I love this idea! How fun and creative..the cookies just put it over the "top"!!! Wow...love it!
-sandy toes

Jill Burke said...

looks like fun! that group photo is too much!! :)

MBlairsLars said...

This looks so fun, your are so clever!

Elizabeth said...

how fun! i love how you had sweater cookies!

Kristen said...

This looks like so much fun. And to find sweater cookie cutters was an awesome touch!

Anonymous said...

Came over from Tammy's blog because I had to sneak a peek, that is absolutely hilarios! love it.

jaime said...

thanks again for last night!! it was a dang good time!

Kelly said...

You must be kidding with how much fun that was. The sweaters were hidious (sp?), the eats were amazing and the company was the best!! I had so much fun just hanging out with the ladies and exchanging some laughs, food, and some interesting gifts :) Thanks for the invite. Those sweaters were hard to top but i still I got the shaft on not getting enough love on the denim button-up!

queenbee4 said...

Love this idea! I think I might have to steal it...

Vanessa said...

I linked to this from Tammy's blog.

AND much to my surprise. . .Wendie Austin Konold was my BFF growing up in Spring Valley!!!!! I tried to go to her blog, but it is private. Could you leave her a message to get in touch with me??

I know I have asked you this before, but, are you related to the Sadleirs in Escondido? There are some in my parents ward.

Thanks!

Vanessa said...

PS, I'm totally copying this idea for next year! Its a great one!

Pyatt said...

that is like the jack pot for "What not to wear" Have fun in Utah!!

Da Bergs said...

I found your blog thru Tammy! LOVE IT!!! I have to tell you this is a fun fun fun idea!!! I am going to copy it for next year!!! LOVE IT!!!

Ash said...

Brilliant idea!

So green of you to recycle - very hip. And the sweater cookies - perfect!

Em

(over from Tammy at Time Flies)

♥ Boomer ♥ said...

What a FUN idea! And no pressure but to have a great time!

Screaming Meme said...

How fun! I want to come! Hi...Im Meme from Screaming Meme's...It is so nice to meet you! :)

Melissa-Mc said...

Seriously looks like a blast! Great idea.

Andrea said...

hopped over from Tammy's blog. Oh my gosh! That's hilarious!!! My Mom's closet is FULL of those!!! Love the little sweater cookies!!

Parmley said...

Halarious sweater party. I see Carmen there. She was one of like, 3 friends of mine in our Mira Mesa ward. Great girl!! Next year we (you) will have to expand the party to include your "other" friends.