Thursday, November 6, 2008

Leftover Halloween candy!

Have tons of leftover Halloween candy ?

I have a few options -

1. Watch your children hide under tables and in closets with candy wrappers all over the place!
I personally hate this option as I am adding in my head all of the cavities they must be getting!
2. Make peanut butter bars (like in the picture) and use candy for the topping! But, get real - you don't really give this away to the neighbors - it goes straight to the hips!

3. My friend RACHEL took her kids candy and displayed them in jars and dishes so she can see what they are taking and it looks cute - like a candy buffet! Good idea!

4. My personal favorite - Do a Halloween exchange with the kids! I am doing this as a yearly tradition with my kids - they can turn in their bags of candy and I will exchange them for a surprise present! They always fall for gifts and than we both get what we want!

I get all of this:

And they each get one of these!

Now, what should I eat first, the Twix or the Snickers?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you should give some of the chocolate to your dad!!

tammy said...

Cute ideas! And that couldn't have been your dad that left the first comment, could it?

The blogging Bakers said...

Ok Heather, I can see you have as much candy as us. It is crazy, I can't stop eating their Baby Ruths. Nice weight watcher meals right? Anyway I want the recipe for those peanut butter bars, those looked sooo yummy!!!

Pyatt said...

I want to see what the gifts were...that is a great idea...no after picture of the presents? :)

Annemarie said...

We do this, only we exchange it for cash...money talks around here. We have a dentist in the neighborhood who buys it off of the first 25 kids, if we make it there, great...if we don't, we foot the bill. It's totally worth it!!

These Are The Days said...

Our candy is LONG gone. I wish I would have saved some...those peanut butter bars look SO good. BTW - Yay for prop 8 passing.

Melissa-Mc said...

I impose a candy tax on my children's halloween candy. It's the best!

diane said...

I want option 2 right now. Do you have any leftovers?

Jaimie said...

Heather, We have always saved it to use on our gingerbread house at Christmas. The kids have fun picking out the colorful candy, even the tootsie rolls were used for logs.